HE GOT MY HEATBEAT RUNNIN' AWAY



 After about a 16 hour drive, a night in a hotel, and seeing family in Philadelphia, I finally made it to New York. Unfortunately the weather called for rain for the first week I was here. I made an oath to not eat anywhere I would typically eat if I was in Florida. This hasn't been a problem since there are so many different eateries in New York... all have been amazing so far. The same goes for coffee. The first coffee place I went to was Gregory's Place in midtown manhattan's garment district. The caramel macchiato was delicious. Since my mom was in town for a day to help me settle in, I took here to some places I remember going to when I came for Spring Break. A trip to Madison Square Garden meant seeing a 3D head in the middle of it. 


Since I had a rest day before my internship started Wednesday, I needed to cross the first thing on my list of 'Things to do in New York'... see the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Luckily my friend who moved up here a month before me was able to go with me. Even though I had to wait 45 minutes to get inside, it was totally worth it. Even though pictures were prohibited, I secretly took pictures with my iPhone (coming soon). Despite all the rain, the city has been amazing. My internship has officially started, but I'll give more details on that soon. I can't wait to see where the next 11 weeks will take me!