reuse, recycle, reinvent: part one




There is a reason as to why I haven't posted at all these past few days. I'm literally drowning myself in stress, and haven't slept in over 36 hours. But I was able to enter the Cotton Competition by Cotton Inc., which is using old cotton jeans and t-shirts and make something out of it. I made three things, but this post focuses on what I used my old jeans to make. I made a clutch purse and a necklace. I twisted two small strips of jean to make the chain for the clutch. For the necklace, I torn up a sliver of my jeans and then tied a note.  To show a relationship between the two pieces, I made flowers. 
So how did I do? I was able to receive 3rd place! Something I wasn't expecting considering it took me a total of 45 minutes to make. 
On a side from the competition, I resigned from internship until April. The stress of school and all my extra curricular activities is really having a toll on me, and I realized I am not able to handle it. It was the hardest thing to do to tell my boss I needed to leave and focus on school, but I was relieved to know she wouldn't mind seeing me come back!